Sunday, February 21, 2010

BEYOND THE PLUGHOLE - MY NAME IS by John Townsend Story 6

And so it was, that all of the realm of Plughole now adopted a name. Gone the nod of the head or the sniff of a hand, it was as if all history had been rewritten for The Plugolites.

At The Post office, deep in the lod iron waste pipes, five Plugolites excitedly talk about their new names. "I cannot believe i am actually a Bill, its strange?" one said as another interupted, "Well I heard one of the humans say she was Ethel and I like it." However it was pointed out, "You know you cannot change it, and I know that the name Ethel is not a mans name, but it is now." Ethel looked rather angry as he retorted to "Jennifer your just rude, so what, and yes it is a mans name now."
One of the pthers joined in, "So what, we are not humans thank goodness,these are our names, thats why I decided,on Takeaway as my name, it was always said when I could smell nice smells." The fifth Plugolite felt compelled to add, "Well I did not want a human name, so I took one of those four legs names, thats why I chose Rover."
Bill was most annoyed and interupted them all, "William the first said it was a good thing so lets not start arguing." The rest all took the point and settled back to clean the mulch of of pipe number five.
As the day progressed other groups were also engaged in exchanging their new names, as were those at The Courthose. It was around the washroom main waste that all three were chatting away. "So do you like my name M'Lord? its good is it not." He looked around for an enthused response then one replied, "It is alright, but mine has a ring about it,Bench." Her comments only enraged Honour, "My name is supirior than both of yours." she exclaimed.
The soon quitend down when they heard the courtroom sound system announce, "Silense please all arise."
"They coulfnt hear us could they?" asked a nervouse Bench. M'Lord reassured saying, "Dont be silly they say that throughout the day, I think I have heard some snoring thats why they say it."
The exchanging of names continude throughout Plughole, and soon it was found to be most agreable.

No comments:

Post a Comment